Thursday, April 26, 2012

ZOMBIE MAKEUP WITH PROSTHETICS



This look was done with the home made prosthetics, toilet paper, liquid latex, a bruise wheel, some cream make up, and powdered make up. First was applying the prosthetics to the cheeks. Cotton is put underneath them to make them bulge out. The same is done with the forehead piece. These prosthetics make my facial features look more prominent so areas like my eyes and underneath my cheeks look sunken into my face. For a zombie look, this helps the illusion of decomposition. I blacked out around my eyes next, which really should be done first, but it’s still only done to make my eyes look more sunken in. After that I applied toilet paper and latex on the parts of my face that were exposed. This is to give an illusion of rotting flesh. I then shaded, contoured, highlighted, and colored until I was satisfied. Zombies are a hot topic as of right now. The makeup is always interesting and creative, because a zombie can be tailored to the artist’s preferred taste and style. This particular look was inspired by the T.V series The Walking Dead, which has much more amazing make up than I could ever even attempt. Still, it is a must-do look.

No comments:

Post a Comment