Thursday, April 26, 2012

OEDIPUS REX MAKE UP (EYES GOUGED OUT)



I decided to do this look after studying Oedipus Rex in theatre. I wondered about the stage makeup, and how you would adapt it for film. I tried this look before on my self by just blackening my eyes out, adding some latex flesh and blood around the edges, then closing my eyes to give the illusion of holes. This did not work, however. So I tried it again. This time I made two prosthetics for the eye holes. I applied them with pros-aide, then blended with casting latex. I added a few layers of flesh colors to blend even more, then filled in the holes with a dark black powder. To top off the look, I added fake blood to make it look that much more gory. In this process I learned how to make prosthetics “disappear’ on the skin, which was something I was horrible at. This was also my first time having another person to practice a look on, which was exciting and made thing A LOT easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment